What is Respite?
Temporary relief for caregivers is commonly known as respite. It is defined as taking a break from the responsibilities of caring for a person with special needs. Respite support by be used by caregivers to:
• Visit with family and friends
• Spend a leisurely evening at dinner or the movies
• Have their loved one experience a community outing while they remain at home
• Take a weekend or week long vacation
• Caring for an individual 60+ years of age in the same household where you reside
• Care recipient must require assistance with at least two activities of daily living (bathing, feeding, grooming)
There are no income eligibility requirements!
How do I use the respite program?
• $300 voucher program
• 3 months to spend $300
• Money to be spent on respite only
How do I apply for the program?
Contact the Area Agency on Aging of the Permian Basin for an application:
P.O. Box 60660
Midland, TX 79711
432.563.1061 or 800.461.4636